What could be better than marinate your chicken or meat with this awesome marinade. This marinade offers a great blend of flavors including honey, bbq sauce, chili and lime juice. I got this recipe from some friends who in turn had gotten it from some other friends so I think that it’s one of those recipes that travel quickly simply because it´s so delicious. And it is seriously the best marinade I ever had! And… it´s super easy to prepare only needing three ingredients. Prepare your marinade and make sure to marinate your meat/chicken for some time before grilling it, at least 1-2 hours ahead, preferably 4 hours. But if you have time overnight is even better to bring out the most flavor. Serve it together with my Crispy Water Melon Salad.
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- 1,5 pounds (700 g) boneless chicken thigh
- 1 cup (250 ml, 2,5 dl) of BBQ sauce with honey (if you can´t find any such sauce I recommend you to simply add 4-5 tbsp of honey)
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from two limes
- 1 chopped red chili (leave out the chili seeds if the chili is very hot)
- Chop the chili
- Wash and grate the lime by rubbing it gently along the finest microplane’s surface. Be careful not to remove the bitter white pith beneath the zest
- Combine the bbq sauce, zest, juice and the chopped chili in a Ziploc bag
- Add the chicken and squeeze all of the air out of the bag, zip it closed, and then massage the chicken with the marinade
- If you have time, try marinating overnight for the fullest flavour in the refrigerator