This super fresh summer salad has it all! It´s sweet, tangy, hot and crunchy. A perfect balance between fruit and greens that makes it perfect to serve at your summer barbecue. The dressing is simply lime juice, olive oil and chopped chili all of which are incredible good with the watermelon!
You’re sure to impress whoever you’re inviting. I actually discovered this salad recently through a friend and just had to ask her for the recipe! I´ve already ‘prepared it plenty of times this summer.
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- Wheatberry for 2 persons
- 1/2 seedless small watermelon diced into cubed pieces
- 5 oz (150 g) arugula
- 2 finely sliced scallions
- 1 cup (250 ml, 2,5 dl) of fresh uncooked soya beens
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped red chili (make sure to taste the chili, if very hot use only half)
- Juice from one lime
- Flaked salt
- Cook the wheatberry (follow the instructions on the package)
- Dice the watermelon into cubed pieces
- Finely chop the chili into small pieces
- Finely slice the scallions
- Combine watermelon, arugula, cooked wheatberry, chili, scallions and soya beens in a large bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad
- Sprinkle the flaked salt over the salad and toss
- Sprinkle some more flaked salt to decorate.