It´s pumpkin season and my all time favorite butternut squash. I love to use it in my cooking because it is equally as good in main dishes as desserts. It´s rich in taste and has a lovely creamy consistence. Pared with peanut, lemon and ginger the truly aroma of this amazing dish comes to live. It´s a fall delight and warms you up from the inside and out.
Butternut Squash Peanut Sauce
Write a review
- 1 Red Chili
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup (100 ml, 1 dl) Water
- 5 tbsp of Peanuts
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 5 0z (12 g) Vegetable Non Salted and No Sugar Added Bouillon (1 cub)
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 390 Degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius Degrees).
- Cut the butternut squash in half length wise and place in oven for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Peel the ginger with a knife.
- Chop the chili, garlic and ginger.
- In a saucepan add olive oil, ginger, garlic and chili.
- Cook over medium heat until the ginger and garlic have a golden color and crisp.
- Spoon out the pulp of the butter nut squash.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice and blend all ingredients in a bowl.
- Puree to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the puree to the sauce pan and cook for a few minutes under low/medium heat.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with Gnocchi or Pasta.
Easy Tasty Recipe http://www.easytastyrecipe.com/