Here’s an delectable, meatless dish; puff pastry with sweet tomatoes and cheese herb sauce. It´s really delicious ! A luxurious pie that looks like you put a lot of effort into making it, when in fact it´s really simple. If you’ve never tried Tomato Pie before, you are in for a delicious treat. I serve it with a salad on the side, as a starter or a cocktail treat.
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- 4 pieces of defrosted puff pastry sheets
- 0,85 cups (200 ml 2 dl ) sour cream
- 0,85 cups (200 ml 2 dl) grated aged hard cow's milk cheese with a strong flavor
- 2 tbsp of frozen herbs (I used a mix of basil, thyme and oregano)
- 1 tbsp sweet and soure sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 0,65 Ibs (300 g) sweet cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius)
- Grate the cheese
- In a bowl mix the cheese, sour cream, sweet chili sauce and the herb mix
- Season with salt and pepper, put to side
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square.
- Place into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Place pie in oven for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the tomatoes.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and cook the tomatoes under low/medium high until the skin softens: use a lid to cover the skillet and shake the skillet frequently to toss the tomatoes around preventing them from sticking.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Pour the cheese mixture into the pastry crust.
- Gently spoon the tomatoes over the cheese mixture
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the pie cool in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving. Serve with tons of fresh greens.