This is a very easy and super fresh cabbage salad, spiced up with pineapple and lemon. I was introduced to this salad by my fathers girlfriend. Her mother did this salad when she was a child. Even if the recipe is almost 50 years old it feels very new and fresh today. It’s got really well-layered flavor: the bitter freshness of cabbage, the tangy sweetness of pineapple and the sour taste of lemon. The cucumber adds an additional freshness to this salad. Try this recipe and you will transform a simple cabbage salad into a wonderful delight just under 10 minutes. I usually serve this salad together with BBQ chicken, turkey or salmon (I bet pork or steak would be tasty too) and some aioli or bearnaise sauce on the side. I find this salad delightful and I hope you will too.
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- 1/2 head of white cabbage
- 1/2 shredded cucumber
- 2 inches (5 cm) shredded leek
- 15 oz (425 g) pineapple crushed in juice
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemon
- 3,5 tbsp (0,5 dl) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- Salt and peppar
- Shred the cabbage, cucumber and the leek
- Combine the cucumber, leek, crushed pineapple with juice and cabbage in a large bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cabbage
- Toss with olive oil and honey, season to taste.