This Delicious Creamy BBQ Chicken Salad is one of the easiest, tastiest salads I know. It fills you up just right and can be ready to eat in just 10 minutes. I personally love how fresh, quick, and easy it is. It´s the epitome of healthy, summer eating making a perfect lunch or a light dinner for the upcoming summer days we have ahead of us. For dinner I usually serve it with oven baked potatoes or some freshly made sourdough bread, yummy you´ll see. This BBQ Chicken Salad combines crunchy romaine lettuce with BBQ chicken, corn, turkey bacon and sliced yellow onion tossed in a mayonnaise, sour cream barbecue dressing.
Creamy Healthy BBQ Chicken Salad
Write a review
- 1 grilled and ready to eat chicken
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium size sliced yellow onion
- 1 can of corn kernels, drained
- 3-4 slices low-sodium turkey bacon
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp sweet and sour sauce
- About 1 tsp BBQ spice
- Salt and peppar, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sweet and sour sauce, garlic and BBQ spice in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined.
- Add salt and pepper after your own liking. Remember not to over salt the dressing since the bacon is very salty.
- Slice the bacon in to small pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add bacon and cook until crisp and golden.
- Put the bacon to the side and cook the onion in 1-2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Remove chicken meat from bone and cut in to smaller pieces.
- Chop the lettuce and mix all ingredients in to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss well. Ready to eat!
- Serve with some freshly baked sourdough bread or oven baked potatoes. Enjoy!
- Let me know what you think about this salad, leave a comment. And don´t hesitate to share with us your favorite BBQ Chicken Salad.
Easy Tasty Recipe http://www.easytastyrecipe.com/