Mashed Sweet Potato with Ginger and Orange
Write a review
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp Chopped and Peeled Ginger
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Orange
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro if desired
- Preheat the oven to 390 Degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius Degrees).
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half length wise and place on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp olive oil over the potatoes and place in oven for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Peel the ginger with a knife.
- Chop the ginger and fry in a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil until golden and crispy.
- When potatoes are tender hollow out the meat from the skin and place in a bowl.
- Add the ginger and the olive oil.
- Squeeze out the orange juice
- Add the butter and if desired cilantro.
- Mix with a hand mixer until all combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If you are a cilantro freak as myself I highly recommend to make this with cilantro.
Easy Tasty Recipe http://www.easytastyrecipe.com/