This creamy crab pasta is amazing and super easy to prepare. I think its one of the tastiest pasta dishes someone can make, perfect when you want to spoil yourself with little time at your hands. The succulent crab meat is giving each forkful a rich flavor. I used frozen crab meat, but you can also use canned. I did make this dish with fresh crab meat once but I can tell you that it tastes equally as good with frozen crab meat as with fresh. Fresh crab meat makes it too long to prepare and too expensive. I used shell shaped pasta to build on the sea food theme and was happy to see the delicious creamy sauce fill every single shell.
It´s great served with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 0,45 lbs (200 g) crab meat (I used frozen, but you can also use canned)
- 3,5 tbsp (50 g) melted butter
- 0,45 cups (100 ml, 1 dl) finely diced celery
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp chopped chives or more if desired
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Defrost the crab meat
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions
- In a small saucepan melt butter
- Dice the celery approximately 0,12 inches (3 mm) thin
- Add the celery and saute 1-2 minutes over medium heat
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a minute or two
- Chop the chives
- Stir in chives, mayo, sour cream, honey, lemon juice and crab meat
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve immediately with the pasta and plenty of grated parmesan