Have you ever thought about making your own chocolate pudding instead of buying the pre-made ones you will find at your local store…? The truth is that home made chocolate pudding is not that difficult and actually fairly quick to prepare. Not as fast as buying it pre-made in a store but a lot cheeper, healthier and by all means tastier. This pudding is a treat and will be loved by all. I made it with almond milk to make it healthier while also bringing a pleasurable subtle almond taste to the pudding. The pudding is silky smooth, rich in taste and absolute delicious with some heavy whipping cream.
Chocolate & Almond Pudding
Write a review
- 2 cups Sweet Almond Milk
- 5 tbsp Corn Starch
- 6 tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Baking Cacao Powder
- 1,5 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- Combine all dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup almond milk.
- Place over medium heat, and stir in the butter, egg and the remaining almond milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool briefly before spooning into individual serving dishes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill in fridge for an hour or so.
- If you want to chill the pudding very quickly, pour it into a large shallow sheet pan.
- If you use non sweeten almond milk use 12 tbsp of sugar instead of 6 tbsp.
Easy Tasty Recipe http://www.easytastyrecipe.com/