I got a visit from my mom the other day. She told me about some burritos she had prepared last week and was eager to tell me all about them and how good they were. The burritos were stuffed with chicken marinated in pineapple juice, with beans wrapped and served with sour cream and jalapeños. Inspired, I made my own Chicken Burritos later that evening and can confirm that they are very tasty. I adjusted the recipe a bit to scale down on the require preparation time and added and reduced some of the measurements to suit my taste buds even more. Filled with a chicken and bean mix I prepared them in no time. You can replace the chicken with turkey, ground beef in accordance to your liking. This recipe was originally with beef.
Chicken Bean Burritos - Chicken Marinated in Pineapple Juice - Super Tasty!
Write a review
- 7 tbsp (1 dl) Pineapple juice
- 7 tbsp (1 dl) mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (5 ml) sweet and chili sauce
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 4 chicken trimmed chicken breast, chopped to 1/4 inch pieces.
- 8 tortilla bread
- 13,4 ounces (380 g) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 big tomato
- 1/4 of a normal leek diced
- 1 can of chunky mexican salsa
- salt and pepper as taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet and chili sauce
- Serve with
- Sour cream
- 1 bottle jalapeños.
- Slice the garlic
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, garlic, sweet and sour and pineapple juice. Pour into a large resealable bag.
- Place chicken in the bag, and shake to coat. I would highly suggest to marinate in the refrigerator over the night to get the full flavor. If you don´t have that time, don´t worry just shake and let rest for a few minutes while preparing the rest.
- Dice the onion
- Dice tomato into bite-size pieces
- Pour the chicken in a colander and let the marinade drain
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil over medium-high heat until onion is translucent. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in beans, salsa, tomato and let cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add some sweet and chili sauce, salt and pepper
- Serve as it is and roll up the burrito at the table
- Spread about ½ cup (1,5 dl) of the chicken and bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with sour cream and some jalapeños.
- Serve with sour cream and jalapeños.
Easy Tasty Recipe http://www.easytastyrecipe.com/
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!