Indulge yourself with this easy, moist and fudgy chocolate cake – perfect for any day! Your best friend when you crave something easy and want to eat something delicious. I´m sure you had chocolate cake before, but seriously have it been as simple as three ingredients (literally!) ? This cake is a mix between fudge, ordinary chocolate cake and chocolate truffle, but less sweet and heavy. Try it, it won´t disappoint!
Sharing is caring, let other people enjoy our recipes!
- 5,5 tbsp (75 g) butter
- 9 oz (255 g) sweetened baking chocolate i.e German's Sweet Chocolate Bar
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 390º F (200 Celsius)
- Prepare a 7-inch diameter cake pan by spraying with baking spray or use a non stick cake pan
- Beat the eggs on high speed with an electric mixer in a large bowl until the eggs double in volume and lighten in color
- Break the chocolate in pieces into a medium, heavy-based pan
- Tip in the butter with the chocolate
- Warm through, stirring over a low heat just until everything is melted
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, stirring just until everything is well blended and you have a smooth consistency. You want to be nice and gentle with this process Avoid over-stirring, or the eggs could deflate
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake pan
- Cover the top of the cake (using baking paper/parchment) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cake has set
- Leave to cool in the pan, then turn out onto a plate and let cool completely in the refrigerator.
- The cake will be a bit fluffy when hot, but will dip when cooled, this is the desired consistence!
- I serve this cake with (2,5 dl) whipped cream and decorate with grated or a pile of chocolate curls. I highly suggest you add some liquor or orange to your wiped cream. It´s seriously delicious!
- If desired, add 2 tsp of dark rum and 1 tbsp of powdered sugar to the whipped cream or
- 1 tbsp of orange juice, 1-2 tsp of orange zest and 1 tbsp of powdered sugar. Note that this will be added after you have whipped the cream until the consistence you want. If you want to decorate your cake with cream, as picture. Whip your cream until it is no longer is runny.